This workshop is designed to increase the participants’ awareness of the sources of conflict, how to recognize when conflict is developing and some proven strategies for effectively using, preventing or resolving conflict situations for better relationships and greater good.
Managers and supervisors who wish to strengthen their ability to connect with others more effectively. Group size: from 8 to 24 people. This course is ideal for greater professional consistency in handling challenes within departments and between personalities.
Proven Objectives and Content:
- Identify the sources of conflict that most affect you
- Recall a past conflict situation and learn from your success or failure in handling it
- Assess your most often used style of responding or reacting to conflict situations
- Learn five commonly used approaches to dealing with conflict and their advantages and disadvantages
- Discover useful guidelines for effectively responding to conflict
- Practice a proven four-step process for successfully responding to future conflicts
- Inviting better responses and results from coworkers and customers
- Approaches to greater communication confidence, clarity and consistency
- Options for improving one and two-way communication and trust
- Helpful practices to use beyond the workshop
- Relationship motivators assessment and mutual respect enhancment reminders
- Proven formats for enhancing departmental or organizational information sharing
This practical training has been popular with many of our clients for nearly 15 years. It is highly interactive, provides effective approaches for everyday use and it invites noticeable improvements in workplace relationships, trust and teamwork. Several clients have had us run this course a few times a year to train employees that are part of a team or who have regular customer contact.
Accountability & Measurement:
This single-day workshop includes a simple, in-class self-assessment and real-world reminders to accelerate and reinforce application after the training. Optional reinforcing training modules can help boost sustainability and daily practice by more of your people.
Program Delivery Includes:
- Interactive on-site workshop and useful reference workbook
- In session individual personal communication improvement plan
- Professionally facilitated hands-on practice
- Executive summary of all participant feedback with suggested next steps
lContact us for greater saivngs when combining multiple training services.
Target Growth Areas:
- Tension reducing interpersonal skills
- Productive confrontation practices
- Shared understanding & teamwork
- Self-knowledge & Self-management
- Relationship improvement tools
- Communicating options/choices
- Options for high intensity conflict
- Greater cooperation/team trust
“Conflict isn’t bad…it is what you do with it or how you go about addressing it that can make its outcomes bad or good.”
– From the workship materials
“You can’t shake hands with a clenched fist.”
– Indira Gahndi
When asked: “would you recommend this workshop to others?” Out of the last 10 workshops we conducted,
100% of attendees said “YES”.
When asked to who or why? Some of the many participant comments were:
- All of our company!
- Good for every organization.
- Gives some very realistic and life situations for communication.
- Everyone has room for improvement.
- To all Supervisors.
- Co-workers, so they can be better listeners.
- Others in my group and my boss.
- Colleagues I work closely with.
- Co-workers – we all can use some help in communicating with others.
- All engineers to better communicate with customers.
- Other co-workers.
- Working level leaders in the company.
- The whole company.