This training is designed to provide effective methods for delegating work to others in a manner that encourages high productivity, accountability and commitment.
Managers, supervisors, and team leaders who wish to strengthen their ability to delegate more effectively.
Group size: from 8 to 18 people.
This course is ideal for greater supervisory task assignment consistency and preventing misunderstandings.
- Approaches for greater delegation confidence, clarity and consistency
- Better responses and results from coworkers and customers
- Options for improving delegate expectations and trust
- Relationship and respect enhancement reminders
- Tools for enhancing departmental or organizational information sharing
This program is highly interactive, provides practical approaches for everyday use and it invites noticeable improvements in workplace responsibility and teamwork.
Accountability & Measurement:
This single-day workshop includes helpful formats to accelerate and reinforce application after the training.
Optional compatible training modules can help boost sustainability and daily practice by more of your people.
Program Delivery Includes:
- Interactive workshop and useful reference workbook
- In session individual personal communication improvement plan
- Quick and helpful group hands-on practice.
- Executive summary of all participant feedback
Standard program structure is one full-day, with up to an email reminder within 4 weeks to support application and practice time and to help reinforce positive communication behavior improvements.
Proven Program Flow:
With an open mind and a willingness to participate you will learn:
- The value of delegation to you and your employees
- How to identify what can or can’t be delegated
- When to delegate and when not to delegate
- How to decide to whom to delegate a job or task
- SIX Steps to successful delegation
- How to “keep it delegated”
The focus of this workshop is on practical and usable information, including do’s and don’ts, problem prevention and time-saving tips.
Target Growth Areas:
- Shared accountability
- Shared understanding and teamwork
- Communicating expectations
- Observation and feedback skills
- Leadership tools
- Greater cooperation/team trust
“With delegation comes experience, with experience comes better decision making.”
“The best executive is the one who has sense enough to pick good men to do what he wants done, and self-restraint enough to keep from meddling with them while they do it.”
– Theodore Roosevelt
When asked: “would you recommend this workshop to others?” Out of the last 10 workshops we conducted,
90% of attendees said “YES”.
When asked to who or why? Some of the many participant comments were:
- Working level leaders in the company.
- All of our company!
- Good for every organization.
- Gives some very realistic practices for delegation communication.
- Everyone has room for improvement.
- To all Supervisors.
- Co-workers, so they can be better listeners with task assignments.
- Others in my group and my boss.
- Colleagues I work closely with.
- Co-workers – we all can use some help in communicating with others.
- Other co-workers.
- The whole company.