Assessing and adapting to DiSC behavior styles for better workplace outcomes
This workshop is designed to participants to better understand, quickly identify, and reasonably adapt to the variety of behavior styles and personalities demonstrated by others in the workplace. It will provide proven tools to help every employee manage the strengths of their own communication style and appreciate and work with the variety of personality and communication styles they may encounter in their day-to-day environments.
Managers, supervisors, and employees who wish to strengthen their ability to better relate to and connect with the variety of behavior styles within their sphere of influence. Group size: from 8 to 24 people. This course is ideal for work teams and for strengthening interdepartmental relationships.
Proven Objectives and Content:
- Identify the strengths, limitations and optimal preferences of the four basic behavioral styles we most often encounter
- Better understand your behavioral style and its effect on co-worker and customer, perceptions and outcomes
- Identify dominant traits, needs and strengths others bring to your team/organization
- Enhance your communication effectiveness by identifying core behavioral styles and needs of others
- Better manage your own personal style by maximizing your strengths and controlling your strengths from overextending them
- Select proven strategies to practice for successfully “adapting” your style in work-related interactions with others
- Better understand motivating values that drive your behavior
- Better understanding and patience with other differing styles
- Inviting better responses and results from coworkers and customers
- Approaches for better communication and relationships
- Options for improving one and two-way communication and trust
- Helpful practices to use beyond the workshop
- Proven formats for enhancing departmental or organizational information sharing
It is highly interactive, provides practical approaches for everyday use and it invites noticeable improvements in workplace communication and teamwork. Many of our clients have had us come back several times to train more employees or even their entire staff due to positive team results.
Accountability & Measurement Built In:
This single-day workshop requires a 12 minute self-assessment to accelerate and reinforce application during and after the training. Optional reinforcing training modules can help boost sustainability and daily practice by more of your people.
Program Delivery Includes:
- An required user-friendly and extremely accurate DiSC Self-assessment
- Interactive on-site workshop and useful reference workbook
- In session individual personal communication improvement plan
- Professionally facilitated hands-on practice
- Executive summary of all participant feedback with suggested next steps
Target Growth Areas:
- Self-knowledge & Self-Management
- More versatile interpersonal skills
- Better understanding & teamwork
- Relationship improvement tools
- Reduced tension between workers
- Communication options/choices
- Interdepartmental cooperation
“All people exhibit all four behavioral factors in varying degrees of intensity.”
– W.M. Marston
“He who knows others is learned. He who knows himself is wise.”
– Lao Tse
When asked: “would you recommend this workshop to others?” Out of the last 10 workshops we conducted,
100% of attendees said “YES”.
When asked to “who” or “why?” some of the many participant comments were:
- Good for all employees not just leaders.
- Shows where you are and how you can get better!
- Any body in any field can benefit from this.
- Project managers- it can help them with the people they lead on a team.
- Every company needs this!
- All bosses/supervisors.
- Anyone in a leadership position.
- Others in my group and my boss.
- Family members.
- I recommend it to all leaders – very informative!