Effective leaders realize that to be successful in today’s working world, they must practice creating an environment which fosters results-based feedback and positive morale.
Lack of recognition is one of the top two reasons why employees leave their job. In this leading with encouragement workshop, leaders will gain strategies for utilizing recognition and empowerment with better results than fear, demanding or intimidation. Even seasoned leaders will benefit from these reminders and fresh leadership practices.
For mid to senior level managers who must interface with people in order to get things done. Also for existing leaders who wish to enhance their ability to positively influence and lead others to keep their commitments and to do the right thing. Group size: from 12 to 20 leaders.
Proven Program Objectives:
- Explore the impact that good and bad bosses have on employee morale and work ethic
- Apply proven behaviors that work for recognizing and connecting with each employee sincerely and comfortably
- Assess your present management approach and its’ impact on those you lead
- Learn how to utilize a proven coaching process that helps others grow/improve.
- Discover ideas for building great teams from your peers and learn from their experiences
- Identify the qualities that keep morale healthy and adopt a “can do” attitude which creates a positive and productive working atmosphere
- Implement communication techniques that build breakthrough relationships with direct reports, contractors, subcontractors and others
- Methods for helping subordinates want to follow through
- Approaches for keeping others accountable
- Practice behaviors for setting a positive leadership example
- Open-ended questioning approaches for encouragement and engagement
- Valuable leadership perspective, input and self motivation
Accountability & Measurement:
This one-day workshop works best when combined within a leadership series or by scheduling meeting facilitation training to accelerate and reinforce application of behavior principles.
Program Delivery Includes:
- Interactive on-site workshop and useful reference workbook
- In session individual leadership improvement plan
- Helpful meeting assessments and group hands-on practice
- Executive summary of all participant feedback
Target Growth Areas:
- Continuous leadership improvement
- Analytical ability
- Coaching skills
- Performance feedback
- Accountability and assertiveness
- Team leadership motivation tools
“Five years from now, you will be the same leader you are today… except for the books you read and the people you meet.”
– Charlie Tremendous Jones
“Leadership should be born out of the understanding of the needs of those who would be affected by it”.
– Marian Anderson (1897–1993), opera singer,
1st black to perform at Metropolitan Opera
When asked: “What ideas or practices will you take back and use in your department?” Some of the many participant comments were:
- The importance of my communication and attitude with others.
- How to provide more feedback.
- Tools to help my own performance.
- Effective listening and recognition skills.
- Motivational techniques.
- Ways to keep others accountable.
- Tools for encouragement/compassion.
- How to show appreciation and support.
- To think about and communicate vision.
- Great book – outline is easy to follow .
- Match intent with behavior.
- Patience, communication and several helpful suggestions and approaches.
Click here to download course description.
Great Returns on Your Skill-Building Investment!
Contact us for greater savings when combining multiple training services.