Servant leaders and team members … build strong, healthy organizations
Working with hundreds of organizations over a 30 year span, we have witnessed this over and over again. Well run organizations and teams that invest in attracting, hiring and training good servant leaders and servant team members win more business and customer loyalty.
These service-minded leaders and teams then attract more like-minded people that help grow constructive, healthy, workplace cultures. It should be no surprise then that these same organizations enjoy higher revenues, stock value, dedicated customer, employee morale and so much more. So the question is… do you want servant leadership and teamwork to be part of your competitive/cultural advantage? If so, we would love to share with some of the ways we can help.
Let’s be candid: great leadership and team performance doesn’t just happen. It is the result of exercising values driven, mission based, virtuous leadership and team behaviors and skills on a consistent basis.
These practices get demonstrated when leaders are united around a clear mission, solid values and an inspiring vision for the future. When leaders and teams are cohesive and clear about about the highest priorities; accountability, teamwork and employee engagement are some of the natural results that begin to happen.
So whether your organization produces a product, provides a service or both; strengthening leaders and teams for success or greater success with values-centered training and coaching is always a wise investment.
To initially check healthy culture vital signs of your organization…
Ask yourself these brief diagnostic questions:
1) What is the current level of trust within and between departments or business units at our organization?
2) How open, candid and effective is the two-way communication throughout our organization?
3) How positive and committed are the relationships between leaders and team members at our organization?
4) Do our people believe in the products or services that our organization/department provides for others?
If you believe there are gaps or opportunities for improvement, then we may be able to help you.
Everything we do at Productive Training Services is directed toward helping organizations improve workplace trust, communication, relationships and results. We do this primarily by working with your leaders and teams that have the greatest impact upon the overall organizations. The graphic below shows some of values-based training areas we offer.
How important is servant leadership and teamwork?
Successful companies depend upon their employees’ ability to communicate, get along with, influence, and effectively serve other people. If you are in a management or leadership role, then you know these abilities need to be a top priority when hiring or training employees. No matter how good your products or services are, customers still need to connect with your employees in order to “buy” from you or refer others to work with you.
We believe organizations are at their best when people are at their best.
In other words . . . employee enthusiasm for their work and their company precedes customer enthusiasm for dealing with your company. Many organizations say “our people are our greatest assets.” We work with organizations and leaders who are serious about helping their people improve.
We Assist Organizations in Strengthening
Their Leaders, Teams and Company Culture.
We will help your key people to develop more of the positive behaviors that support effective communication and strengthen relationships for the long-term. We do this by providing…
- Organizational health company/department culture assessments
- Helpful employee/team surveys
- Behavior and motivators self-assessments
- Multi-rater (360) leader improvement assessments
- Interactive hands-on skill-building workshops
- Professional executive/management coaching
- Learning materials that have been proven to work in real-world work environments
- Behavior reinforcement tools and multi-media for sustainability
For more information
If you would like additional information about our skill-building resources or workshops that can save you and your organization time, effort, and money, or would like to further discuss your needs, contact us using any of the following options
- Give us a call 734.332.8770
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Strengthening Leaders and Teams for Greater Results!