Training Future Leaders is Smart Business.
Shaping future leaders saves time, money and headaches.
Download the course description.
Training Future leaders or high potential staff members is a wise investment. We provide proven, smart leadership practices and guidance to help emerging leaders grow, lead and succeed better and faster..
Problems often occur when young supervisors or managers lack leadership knowledge, experience or skills. Developing young talent is necessary for any organization to thrive and survive. Promoting someone who is not ready can cause a lot of grief. We often hear managers tell us that they wish these skills got developed earlier in their career.
This proactive program will cover the vital qualities and best practices for leading individuals or teams. This can be done just before or right after employees have been placed in a position with people under their command or influence. Equipped with this training, emerging leaders can help build greater team trust, respect, and effectiveness.
What Past Participants Say
When asked, “What did you gain from this program?” Participant comments included:
- “Effective leadership techniques.”
- “Tools to more effectively lead…and be a good listener.”
- “The importance of taking appropriate time with employees and expressing interest in and appreciation for what they do.”
- “The step-by-step outline for productive confrontations.”
- “Self-assessment and feedback tools.”
- “Several ways to better myself in developing as a leader.”
- “Formats on how to give feedback.”
- “Excellent materials to refer back to and practice.”
- “What I need to work on, asking for feedback, and how to approach people.”
- “Importance of communication, accountability, trust, and confidence.”
When Asked, "Would You Recommend This Program to Others?
Shaping Current and Future Leaders Program Learning Objectives
Newer leaders (6 months to 2 years) or up-and-coming managers, supervisors, and team leaders who wish to strengthen their ability to lead or prepare to lead others more effectively.
Group Size: 12 to 20 people.
Explore and exercise leadership habits that lead successful teams through project completion.
Know the behavioral qualities which display professionalism and accountability as a leader.
Learn to quickly build rapport with people. Leading through versatility: and adapting to others.
Walk away with leader best practices and proven approaches.
Practice effectively giving and receiving feedback and realistic expectations with staff members.
Practice communication that sets a positive tone for interactions with your boss, your peers, subcontractors, and vendors.
Greater leadership self-confidence.
Proven templates for balancing task and relationship behaviors.
Greater self-understanding and awareness of other’s behaviors.
Behavioral strengths and improvement needs.
Tools to invite greater understanding and cooperation from others.
Methods for motivating and providing helpful feedback to others.
Accountability and Measurement
This one-day workshop can be combined within a leadership series or by scheduling meeting facilitation training to accelerate and reinforce the application of behavior principles.
Program Delivery Includes
- Interactive on-site workshop and useful reference workbook
- In-session Individual Leadership improvement plan
- Helpful meeting assessments and group hands-on practice.
- Executive summary of all participant feedback
Target Growth Areas
- Self-awareness and self-management
- Relationship improvement tools
- Accountability and assertiveness
- Leadership communication tools